Ideas to show your besties some extra love
Valentine’s Day is focused on celebrating romantic love but that’s not the only type of love that exists in our lives. For those that are single or just want to celebrate the other relationships in their lives, enter Galentine’s day.
If you’re unfamiliar, Galentine’s Day is celebrated on February 13 and is dedicated to friendship in all its shapes and forms. Because at the end of the day, your friends are always there for you.
Galentine’s Day is the brainchild of fictional character Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation. In the show, Leslie celebrates the day with her closest friends, eating her favorite food: waffles.
You can celebrate Galentine’s day however you like. You can go out or stay in. Gifts are not necessary but a nice way to show your appreciation if you prefer. It doesn’t have to be anything extravagant or fancy either, something as simple (and free) as a handmade card or FaceTime catch up can show your bestie you care just as effectively.
If you’re looking for ideas of how to shower those special people in your life some love, here are 20 ideas of how to celebrate Galentine’s Day:
- Charcuterie & happy hour, with DIY cocktails!
- Dinner at their favorite restaurant (or stay in and cook!)
- Mani-pedis, because nothing says friendship like matching nail polishes
- A care package of their favorite things. If you and your bestie don’t live in the same city
- Flowers, to brighten up their day and place
- Maude Vibe Flutter Tip Vibe, for some good times in the name of self-care
- Byredo Bibliotheque Candle. Treat your bestie to this cult-favorite candle
- Lizzo Galentine's Day Card. Lizzo says it best
- I Love My Muff Kit, only the very best for their down there care
- Herbivore’s Jade Roller, to de-puff and soothe
- Skincare Fridge, to keep your friend’s skincare products as cool as them
- Oui the People Razor, upgrade their razor game
- Smiley Slippers, to brighten up their day as much as they brighten up yours
- Slip Silk Pillowcase, no bed head for your bestie!
- Melanie Auld’s Engraved Necklace, a personalized gift to let them know how much they mean to you
- Friends Coloring Book, an apt coloring book for your friends
- Cuup Underwear, intimates that support them as much as they support you
- Ouai Chill Pills Bath Fizzies, because your bestie deserves some chill time
- Fujifilm Instax Mini Link Printer, to capture all your fun memories
- Madewell Heartbreak Friendship Necklace Set, a 90’s throwback that deserves a revival
And despite the name, Galentine’s Day is just a fun day to celebrate those special people regardless of who they are. The idea behind Galentine’s Day is simply to show some extra love to those who care for and are always there for you.