You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers
Personal care products
What is feminine hygiene?
Feminine hygiene involves the routine of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing your vaginal area. There is external and internal feminine care. Internal involves douching, while external involves using feminine hygiene products such as feminine wash, spray, lotion, and wipes around your vulva for vaginal freshness. Consider it an extension of bath and body care - it’s feminine skincare for down there.
Visit our glossary to learn the common terms used in the feminine hygiene industry.
Are feminine hygiene products really needed?
The vagina is a self-cleaning wonder but the vulva is not, and could use a hand to help cleanse discharge, especially during menstruation or post sexual intimacy.I Love My Muff products are gentle, pH balanced, plant-based, and free from toxins, dyes, and artificial fragrances. It’s important to use hypoallergenic, soap-free, and natural products that are gentle enough to be used for your daily self-care routine.
How to use
When should I use feminine hygiene products?
I Love My Muff’s intimate hygiene products can be used after showering, exercising, waxing, lasering, or shaving.
Clean Wash, Pure Spray, and Soft Lotion are ideal to be used as part of your daily hygiene routine. Fresh Wipes can be used on the vulva during menstruation and for pre or post-sexual intimacy care to refresh, anytime, anywhere.
Are I Love My Muff”s feminine hygiene products for internal or external use?
External feminine care differs from internal feminine care. Internally the vagina has its own environment as is self cleaning, while external involves caring for the skin on and around the vulva area. I Love My Muff products were not designed for internal vaginal use and are strictly intended to be used externally.
Can I use I Love My Muff products on other parts of my body?
Absolutely - we love a good multi-purpose product! While I Love My Muff products were designed for your external vaginal area, they are great for all over body care. Many of our customers have found multiple uses for our products.
Due to the gentleness of our ingredients, they are suitable for other areas of your skin that might need cleansing, toning and moisturizing. The cooling and antibacterial properties also make it great for calming irritated skin.
How do I use I Love My Muff products?
- Clean Wash: First, use our feminine wash for a gentle cleansing. Apply on the external area around your vulva area and rinse thoroughly.
- Pure Spray: Next, use our feminine hygiene spray after Clean Wash. A couple spritzes of Pure helps tone, cool, and hydrate.
- Soft Lotion: Lastly, use our vaginal lotion to moisturize. Not only does it keep your skin hydrated, but it also helps calm irritated skin. Apply to the external area of your vulva.
- Fresh Wipes: While our trio of products above is great for a daily hygiene routine, sometimes you need something quick and easy while you’re on the go. Use our natural feminine wipes for a quick swipe after a workout or whenever you need to freshen up.
I Love My Muff products
Are these douching products?
I Love My Muff doesn’t carry any feminine douching products. Our all natural feminine products are for strictly for external cleansing, toning and moisturizing.
Are there parabens in I Love My Muff products?
No, none of our all natural feminine products contain parabens. Parabens are widely used preservatives that prevent the growth of bacteria, mold, and yeast in cosmetic products.
We don’t use any parabens as they possess estrogen-mimicking properties that are associated with an increased risk of breast cancer. These chemicals are absorbed through the skin and have been identified in biopsy samples from breast tumors.
I have sensitive skin - can I use I Love My Muff products?
Yes, our natural feminine hygiene products are specially formulated for sensitive skin. Below is a list of harmful ingredients that our products do not contain.
- Synthetic colours are derived from petroleum such as coal tar and may contain a mixture of chemicals that are recognized as human carcinogens. These can be absorbed into our bodies and stored in our organs and fatty tissues. Synthetic colors may also be contaminated with low levels of heavy metals and some may be combined with an aluminum substrate, which is toxic to the brain.
- Synthetic fragrances, such as toluene, are hazardous to your health. Synthetic fragrance mixes have been associated with allergies and can serve as an asthma trigger. They have also been linked dermatitis, respiratory distress, and potential effects on the reproductive system.
- Phthalates (known as endocrine disruptors) are a group of chemicals have been linked to increased risk of breast cancer, early breast development in girls, and reproductive birth defects in both males and females.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) can be found in more than 90% of personal care and cleaning products as a foaming agent. SLS’s are known to be skin, lung, and eye irritants. SLS has the potential to interact and combine with other chemicals to form nitrosamines, a carcinogen. These combinations can lead to a host of other issues like kidney and respiratory damage.
What are I Love My Muff products made of?
All of I Love My Muff products are vegan and cruelty-free. We combine the finest ingredients like natural plant extracts and pure beneficial essential oils to create our exceptionally gentle line of products.
Our all-natural feminine products contain:
- 100% pure beneficial essential oils. We use therapeutic grade essential oils sourced from our certified partner supplier to create our own botanical infusions to maintain purity. Essential oils, in their most beneficial form, are the foundation of aromatherapy, which has been practiced in ancient civilizations for thousands of years.
- Natural emollients. Plant-based oils are beneficial for all skin types and is naturally moisturizing and healing. The essential fatty acids found in almond oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, aloe vera oil, and olive oil help moisturize, protect, soothe, and hydrate your skin while maintaining its softness. Jojoba is very similar to the natural oil our skin produces and is rich in vitamin E.
- Alcohol-free witch hazel. A plant-based botanical extract which is an excellent coolant that soothes the skin and has antiseptic, astringent, and anti-inflammatory properties to calm skin irritation and helps reduce redness naturally.
- Natural plant preservatives. These preservatives include pure essential oils like Vitamins A, C, E, and grapefruit seed extract which has naturally occurring antimicrobial, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties, as well as antioxidants which helps extend the shelf life of our products.
- Pure distilled water. Water is the most gentle solvent and neutral in nature. It’s added as a natural and efficient solvent in a wide range of cosmetic products in varying proportions.
Learn more about the natural ingredients we use.
What is the shelf life of I Love My Muff products?
For best results, all of our products are recommended to be used within 2 years from manufacturer date.
Why do the same products have different colors and textures?
Our natural feminine hygiene products are handmade and free of chemical preservatives, synthetic colors, or fragrances. As a result, natural variations may occur within a single batch of products. The slight differences in the colors and textures in no way diminishes the effectiveness of our products.
I Love My Muff
What makes I Love My Muff different from other feminine hygiene products?
We feel it's our responsibility to have a positive impact on the planet, care for our environment, and be kind to animals.
I Love My Muff’s all natural feminine products are soy and gluten-free, animal-friendly, non-toxic, and 100% vegan. Our products provide women with a natural alternative to the traditional soaps and moisturizers that may contain harmful synthetic ingredients.
We also take great pride in being an eco-friendly beauty brand. I Love My Muff only uses FSC-certified paper, recyclable PET bottles, and biodegradable and flushable materials in our Fresh wipes.
Read more about how I Love My Muff differs from other brands.
Why were I Love My Muff products created?
They were created out of personal necessity when our founder Ritz Clinging could not find anything in the personal care market that catered to her needs.
She wanted products that were effective, natural, and gentle. Conventional products that were available had a clinically cold or drugstore look and feel that did not appeal at all. She wanted something bold and fun - and I Love My Muff was born.
Historically, women have been confined to quiet conversations about muff maintenance. We believe that women shouldn’t have to feel inhibited or uncomfortable about the topic of personal care.
Our intention with I Love My Muff products is to send a bold and unapologetic message. It’s no longer a whisper, it’s a statement: I Love My Muff!
Visit our About page to learn more about how I Love My Muff came to be.
Where can I buy I Love My Muff products?
You can buy I Love My Muff’s line of natural feminine hygiene products online. Our products are also available at exclusive retailers and select waxing, sugaring, lasering, and depilatory service providers and therapists in salons and medi-spas both domestically and internationally.View our stockists for where to buy I Love My Muff near you.