At home spa
Spa chez home
Dedicating some time for yourself is the perfect way to end a long day of social distancing. While indulging in an at-home spa night might not be top of your list right now with everything else going on, it’s important to make time for yourself and your mental health. Setting aside time for self-care has proven to be beneficial for stress and anxiety, and we’re all feeling more of those emotions these days.
You don’t need to get complicated or turn your bathroom into a fancy retreat to have an at-home spa night. It’s about taking some time for yourself. It can be as simple as taking a bath with a face mask or lighting a stress-relieving candle. Below, we’ve rounded up some easy ways you can indulge in an at-home spa night.
Do a face mask
These are our faves:
- Hanacure Mask: This very popular mask comes in a little kit and helps remove impurities, increase collagen, and brighten your skin.
- Tata Harper Resurfacing BHA Glow Mask: This Tata Harper mask gives you all the benefits of an effective peel, but is gentle enough for sensitive skin.
- Caudalie Instant Detox Mask: True to its name, this Caudalie mask gives you a fresh glow and is great for prepping your skin before applying makeup.
- Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery Mask: This mask works wonders for when your skin has been through the wringer and needs some TLC.
- Eau Thermale Avène Soothing Moisture Mask: This biodegradable sheet mask is soaked in a serum that soothes and hydrates skin. After you put it on, give your face a massage with a Gua Sha or Jade Roller to help products penetrate deeper, as well as boost circulation, lift, and tone.
Hot tip: Steam your face before masking to cleanse your pores and let out any congestion. Use a facial steamer or simply put a towel over your head as you lean over a bowl of hot water. Add a few drops of essential oils on your temples for an extra-calming effect.
Don’t forget the hair!
A few hair masks and treatments that will restore and revitalize your tresses.
Give your hands and feet some extra TLC
You might not be able to go to a nail salon right now, but you can still give you hands and feet some love.
- Hands and nails: Use an oil like this one to nourish your cuticles. Then put down your phone and put on a hand mask to hydrate and lock in the moisture. Quarantine is the perfect time to strengthen your nails as they’re getting a break from harsh gels.
- Feet: This cute little foot spa massager makes giving yourself an at-home pedicure a pinch. Remove your calluses, dip your feet into the massager, then throw on a foot peel that will make your feet as soft as a baby’s.
Light a candle
Something as simple and easy as lighting a candle can do wonders to boost your mood and transform your place into a spa, so choose a scent that soothes you. We like these:
- Boy Smells’ K*ush
- Byredo’s Bibliotheque
- Diptyque’s Baies
- Vancouver Candle Co.’s Fairview
- Bath & Body Works’ Eucalyptus Spearmint
Love your muff
More and more women are incorporating feminine hygiene as part of their overall wellness routine. Our Muff Kit, which contains our Clean Wash, Pure Spray, Soft Lotion, and Fresh Wipes, helps you create a ritual with your feminine care and is perfect for some self-care for down there.
Dry brushing exfoliates your skin, increases blood flow, stimulates more collagen, and increases elasticity. Start at your feet and brush upwards toward the heart. Best to do it before you step into the shower. Try this one from Goop.
Take a bath
There’s something instantly soothing and extremely relaxing about a warm bath. Add a bath bomb or some bath salts on top of that, and you’ve got an instant spa night. Ouai's Chill Pills are one of our favorites. Seriously, they make it into every one of our gift guides, and for good reason - they're full of hemp, safflower seed oil, and jojoba, leaving your skin feeling ultra soft.
Stay home, stay safe, stay strong.